All our professionals at Merced Podiatry Group maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in podiatry.
STEVEN W. BAILEY, D.P.M., F.A.C.F.S.
- Residency Training: Podiatric Surgery Residency, 1985-1986; Podiatric Medicine Department of Orthopedics and Surgery, VA, Loma Linda, Loma Linda, CA 7/85-6/86.
- California College of Podiatric Medicine, Bachelor of Science, 1983; Doctor of Podiatric Medicine, 1985.
- Brigham Young University, pre-med (zoology) major, chemistry minor. Bachelor of Science Degree, 1980.
- High School: Westchester High School, Los Angeles, CA. Graduated with honors, 1974.
- Who’s Who Among American High School Students, 1974.
- Who’s Who in Leading Professionals & Executives, 1994.
- Pi Delta Honor Society, Epsilon Chapter.
- Graduated with honors, California College of Podiatric Medicine, top five percentile.
- American Board of Podiatric Surgery, Diplomat, 08/10/90.
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgery Fellow, 11/01/90.
- Qualified Medical Examiner, Certified, 09/30/94.
- Assistant Clinical Faculty, College of Podiatric Medicine – Des Moines, Iowa, 1985-1986.
- Past President of the San Joaquin Podiatric Medical Society, 1998.
- Member of the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- Member of the California Podiatric Medical Association.
- Member of the San Joaquin Podiatric Medication Association.
- “Excision of Foreign Bodies”, J. American Podiatric Association, May, 1984.
- “Intraosseous Neurilemoma – A Unique Cast Report”, J. American Podiatric Medical Association, June, 1986.
COMMUNITY AND CHURCH ACTIVITIES:
- Leadership for Boy Scouts of America.
- Leadership service for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Puerto Rico from 1975-1977.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Private practice in Merced, CA with extensive experience in surgery and diabetic wound care, from July 1986 to present.
- California, B.M.Q.A., license in foot and ankle surgery.
- California Department of Radiology Supervisory and Operator License
- D.E.A. License
- Dignity Health Mercy Medical Center
- University Surgical and Diagnostic Center
James Huish, D.P.M.
- High School: Granite High-Salt Lake City, 1967/honors
- College: University of Utah-B.S., Biology, 1974
- Medical: Pennsylvania College of Podiatric Medicine-D.P.M., 1978
- D.C. Jack King Scholarship University Utah
- Military-Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Foot and ankle surgeon in the Department of Orthopedics. In less than one year, documented the 75 surgical cases, including rear foot and ankle surgery, to qualify for the American Board of Podiatric Surgeons. Admitted over 300 cases per year to Reynolds Army Hospital for various pathologies, such as surgery, infection, and trauma.
- Diplomat, National Board of Podiatry Examiners
- American Board of Podiatric Surgeons 1987
- Fellow American College of Foot Surgeons since1987
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- California Podiatric Medical Association
- Past President San Joaquin Podiatric Medical Association
- Merced Podiatry Group, Merced, CA, since 1980
- Dignity Health Mercy Medical Center, Merced, CA
- University Surgical Center, Merced, CA
William Hurtt, D.P.M.
Dr. William Hurtt is a Podiatric Foot and Ankle surgeon excited to be returning to the San Joaquin Valley and joining Merced Podiatry Group. Raised in Nebraska, he moved to Oregon in his teens where he lived until he graduated High School. He then went on to serve a 2 year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints where he lived in Fresno and Merced and was honored to study the Hmong language and serve among the Hmong community.
Following his mission, he returned to Fresno where he began his college education and initiated his path into the medical field. He worked at Fresno CRMC as a radiology transporter where he was able to assist in providing interpreting services and introduced to many facets of medicine. From there he obtained experience as a scrub tech in Interventional Radiology and acquired a passion for surgery.
Dr. Hurtt later transferred to Boise State University where he received a BS degree in Health Science.
Dr. Hurtt then attended 4 years of medical school at Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia where he received his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine Degree. He was extremely involved during medical school serving as class delegate and President of the American Podiatric Medical Student’s Association allowing him to be elected to the Pi Delta Mu society.
He went on to complete a surgical residency in St. Louis, MO where he received extensive training in lower extremity pathology by Podiatric and Orthopedic foot and ankle surgeons.
His clinical interests include the conservative and surgical treatment of sports injuries, trauma, deformity correction, general foot and ankle conditions, diabetic limb salvage and reconstruction, and wound care.
Dr. Hurtt believes in continuous open communication between patient and provider and wants his patients to be informed about their condition and treatment options. He strives to have a team approach between doctor, patient, and staff and wants his patients and their loved ones to feel apart of the treatment team.
Dr. Hurtt is thrilled to be practicing Podiatric Foot and Ankle Medicine and Surgery. He seeks to provide exceptional and compassionate care and keep his community healthy, active, and on their feet.
In his free time Dr. Hurtt enjoys spending time with his wife and children participating in sporting events, outdoor activities, and all things involving water.